The Doudna Fine Arts Center is a combination of renovations to 85,000 square feet of existing arts center space and the addition of 165,000 square feet of new space. The project included performance and classroom spaces for the university's theater, music, and visual art departments.
The new center contains studios for various visual art departments, including sculpture, pottery, jewelry making, printmaking, drawing, painting, and metal working. A new, 275-seat proscenium theater, a studio (black box) theater, and a 150-seat lecture hall was added, as well as music labs, theater shops and faculty offices.
Two existing theaters, the 600-seat Dvorak Concert Hall and a smaller recital hall, were gutted and renovated. The facility's original structure was built in 1958. A wing was added in 1959 and a theater in 1972.
Henneman Engineering was responsible for complete mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and information technology design for the renovation of the existing building and new construction of the addition. Cannon Design of Chicago was the executive architect for the project, and internationally known designer, Antoine Predock, was the project design architect.
250,000 square feet
Total Construction Budget