Commissioning Services and Plant Operation
To properly commission the systems and equipment, you need to understand design principles, installation issues, construction processes and functional testing procedures. Henneman Engineering can assist with all your project commissioning needs.
What Is Commissioning?
Commissioning is a systematic process of ensuring, through documented verification, that all building systems perform fundamentally and interactively according to the contract documents, that facility staff are properly trained, and that system documentation has been adequately provided. The commissioning process typically starts in the early stages of design and extends through the construction and warranty period. Although commissioning has historically been applied to dynamic systems (HVAC, controls, etc.), the process can also be used to address the more static features associated with sustainable building design.
Commissioning, especially when applied early in the design process, can mitigate problems related to building systems and materials and ensure that the design and the final product meet owner expectations for sustainability.
Types of Typical Systems to Commission
- HVAC central systems and terminal equipment
- Chilled water, steam and hot water systems
- Plumbing systems
- HVAC control system
- Integrated building automation systems
- Security system
- Fire protection and fire alarm system
- Primary electrical power front end equipment
- Electrical distribution system and lighting system
- Emergency power equipment
- Other life safety systems (i.e. stair pressurization, exhaust, etc. as appropriate)