Ann Richards Middle School
Henneman Engineering provided mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and information technology design engineering for this environmentally sustainable middle school. The three-story building houses 1,250 students in grades six through eight. The 185,000 square foot building includes 63 classrooms, an open cafeteria, labs, and two gymnasiums.
Some of the green features of the MEP/FP/IT systems include:
- Distributed geothermal ground source heat pump system (600 tons, 900+ wells)
- Teacher control stations that optimize energy savings and the use of the Audio/Visual technology
- Highly efficient volumetric and direct/indirect lighting fixtures, premier Daylight harvesting
- Occupancy sensing distributed solution
- Performance grade sound and theatrical lighting systems
- Electronic timed sun “mecho-shades” control
- LED lighting fixtures
In addition, a sustainable landscape was integrated into the entire middle school campus with other green features including a solar/sundial monument, utilization of recycled materials where possible, a “cool roof” and an educational garden.
Additional Education K-12 Projects
Ann Richards Middle SchoolDallas, TX
East Peoria School District, Armstrong Grade SchoolEast Peoria, Illinois